Friday, May 22, 2009

Post mortem

It has been months since I have written here.
I have avoided this because I knew I would miss coaching and really I do.
I have coached 10-11 months out of every year since 1992. That is a long time.
I also enjoy the "free" time that I have and spend most of it with my family or playing Call of Duty.
I have been playing in 2 leagues since then and injured myself 2 days before Christmas when we had 2 games the same night.
I have been playing in pain (and walking) with a tear in the Achilles and planters fasciitis since.
I keep asking people about my replacement. There are rumors that the school did hire a coach but it has not been confirmed.
You find out many things about the other coaches because retirement lets down every ones shields - so they talk more.
Lo and behold, I find that most of the coaches did not like me or the school. They felt that Pius should not have been in that league and that we should have played in some 'other' league. I have know that for years. But what I did not expect in this 21st century was that is was based on religion. I could have something to do with it too but just like racism I thought that most of that crap was gone. Nope........
Now I know why the only request for honorable mention was ignored and other incapable players received the honor instead of one of my players.
I hope and pray that this player makes them pay for it next year because he truly deserved it.
More to come.....

3 comments:

E said...

WTF?

Go Pius!

Reilly said...

ducky's dad is coaching now

Anonymous said...

who was that player? was it mez?