Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Game Summary - Church Farm School

I thought I saw just about everything in 9 years of coaching high school.
I was wrong.
During the game here are some of highlights of what happened:
Opposing team coach said to one of the referees during the game and I quote "Sir, you are an idiot".
The referee responds by handing him his whistle and said "Here, do you want to call the game?"
And the referee walks back on the field. No card.
Go figure.
Same coach was also taunting the and questioning every call. Again - no card.
Go figure.
Our sweeper tackles the forward as the forward runs into the sweeper. Sweeper wins the ball. Forward falls over the ball because he loses it - Forward awarded penalty kick and scores.
Go figure.
I have 2 of my players pushed, not shouldered off the ball 3 times inside the box and fall to the ground, NO call.
Go figure.
In the last 5 minutes of the game we were on the attack. There are 3, count them 3 hand balls in the box - 2 by the same player within 10-15 seconds for the first 2 and the last about 20 second later. No call.
Go figure.
Also in the last 5 minutes of the game, yellow carded player enters field BEFORE his 5 minutes are served (Thanks to Mr. Kelly for catching that). I point it out to the ref and they find it is true. Player sent off again. They waste over 45 seconds on clock and only put back 22 seconds. No soft red.
Go figure.
Two of their goals were offsides. Not by a little. Close to 10 yards. That's 30 feet. Big difference. I think the officials got tired calling them offside.
Go figure.
They are yellow carded 4 times. Wonder why?
This was the first game I can say was lost by the referees. I have had some bad refs but this one really took the prize. I hate to bad mouth refs because most of them really do try. But this one was so bad I would have trouble letting him call a U8 game. I am sorry that I said that.
It was a good effort by most yesterday. We pressured and won balls. Still some backed off.
Welcome back Alec.
Goals by Kelly, Gray, Shainline and Picardi. Good effort. Need lots more from where that came from.
Players of the day: Meszaros, DeLeo and Shainline. The defense is STARTING to work together. Reilly for giving his all.
L 5-4. Game grade B-. Overall record: 2-8. pac10: 1-6.

No comments: