Monday, August 17, 2009

New Season

The High School Soccer season started today. First day of practice.
The alarm went off this morning and I thought, well, all the players are excited. Most of them. Some will forget water and even some will forget something to eat. Some did not realize that today was the day.
I thought about it and hit the snooze button. I am retired.
Yes - I do miss it.
Yes - I do miss most of the players. Some are actually funny and some are actually talented.
Yes- there are lessons to be learned for life at camp.
Actually got message from one of the players that said I was really missed.
Well - I miss them too.

1 comment:

Chuck's Phillies Blog said...

Coach Emberger, thanks for all the great games and allowing me to help out. Miss the kids for sure, and the indoor games and all the fun. Get better soon.