Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Game Summary vs Spring Ford

Where oh where do I begin?
Let's start with their first goal in the second (2) minute from just outside the six. Why did that happen? It takes another 24 minutes for them to score again, in which they score about every 4 minutes for a while.
We do get off 4 shots in the first half, making the keeper make 2 saves. And granted - they were good shots except they were not on net.
I have been harping about the lack of support and team work.
I bring up a JV player - freshmen(DeGregorio) because I have 2 players sick and another that is as pail as the line paint and Alec is still out with mono.
First play after the freshman is in, Spring Ford is on the attack. My left defender steps up to make a tackle and the freshmen runs behind him for cover. Wow..... This kid does it most of the game.
I tell the bench and they just look. Look like deer in the headlights.
Am I speaking another language?? Must be. Have to be.
Because when they are subbed in - do they do it???
If you answered yes to that question - I have a bridge to sell you. Cheap.......
Score is 4-zip at half.
I am disgusted, frustrated and most important disenchanted by this time.
I am angry too - to say the least.
I had told them about pride, respect, and about giving up in the pre-game speech.
They gave up again. I ask why? You might have thought I asked them about nuclear physics.
Second half - little better but not much. Lasts for 9 minutes when SF scores again.
At this point it's time to make massive replacements.
Keeper, inside mids and defenders. I guess that worked because SF only scored 2 more goals. Could be too that they replaced all of their starters with second and third team players.
At the end of the game I am livid and practically foaming at mouth.
I can see losing to a better team. They were not. Sorry and no offense to SF.
The only team I have seen that was better than us was Palmyra.
So why is our record now 2-5?
List of still nots: (meaning - we are still NOT doing this during a game)
Stepping to ball.
Running off the ball.
Having 3 in support.
Cover all of the time.
Accurate passing or as it is better known as make the correct pass. Did you know that in the second half alone we have 38 turnovers just because of bad passing?
Working as a team
This used to be fun. Now it's more like work.
Are we a High School team or intramural?
It's like someone wiped away all of the things that we worked on in camp.................

What team is going to show up and play today against OJR?
Last year we lost 1-0. Game was scoreless for 75 minutes.
What are you going to do this year?

Players of the day: Meszaros and Miller. Honorable Mention: Sein-Lwin. Thumbs up to DeGregorio.
L 7-0. Game grade F. Overall record: 2-5. pac10: 1-4.

No comments: